Austrian archeologist; born in Prague Aug. 1, 1871. After completing his studies at the gymnasium in Prague, he studied the history of art and archeology at the universities of Prague and Vienna (Ph.D.), and in 1902 became privat-docent in archeology at the German university at Prague. He has contributed a number of articles to the "Jahreshefte des Oesterreichischen Archäologischen Institutes" (of which institute he is a corresponding member), the "Revue Archäologique." and the "Journal d'Archäologie Numismatique." He is the author of "Polyklet und Seine Schule: ein Beitrag zur Gesch. der Griechischen Plastik" (Leipsic, 1902). He also delivered a series of lectures at the American School for Archeology at Rome.