Austrian chemist; born at Prague April 21, 1847; educated at the Polytechnic and the University of Prague, and at the University of Munich (Ph.D. 1869). After a postgraduate course at the University of Leipsic he returned to Prague and became assistant in the chemical department of the physiological institute of the university. He was privat-docent from 1872 to 1874, when he was appointed professor of chemistry at the newly founded Gewerbeschule at Czernowitz. In 1875 the university there was opened, and Přibram became privat-docent. In 1876 he was appointed assistant professor and in 1879 professor of general and analytical chemistry, which position he still (1905) holds. From 1891 to 1892 he was "rector magnificus" of the university. He holds also a number of public positions, including those of member of the commission appointed to examine in chemistry teachers and pharmacologists, and official chemist of the courts of Bukowina. He is the author of many essays in the professional journals and of "Jahresbericht über die Fortschritte der Thier Chemie oder der Physiologischen und Pathologischen Chemie" (Wiesbaden) and "Einleitung zur Prüfung und Gehaltsbestimmung der Arzneistoffe" (Vienna).
- Programme of the 25th Anniversary of the University of Czernowitz, 1900.