German artist and professor of engraving; born 1817; died June 23, 1854. He studied art at the Royal Academy of Munich, and became well known through his lithographic illustrations of the Old Testament after Raphael. In 1848 he was appointed professor of the art of engraving at the Royal District Industrial School of Kaiserslautern in the Palatinate. He taught with great success, and was highly spoken of by the board of examiners in their annual reports.
- Allg. Zeit. des Jud. 1854, p. 376.