Hungarian chartographer and engraver; born April 7, 1828, at Olmütz. He was educated in the public and the Jewish schools of his native town. During 1848 and 1849 he was lieutenant of the Honvéd artillery, and in 1851 became chartographer to the state surveying department of Hungary. This position he resigned in 1894, and since then he has lived in Budapest.
Among the many maps which he has drawn or etched during his forty-three years of active service may be mentioned: railroad maps of Austria-Hungary; an atlas containing maps of the comitats of Hungary; an atlas of the government of Hungary for the emperor; a special atlas of Hungary for the prince imperial.