German physician; born at Liegnitz Sept. 10, 1863. He was educated at the universities of Göttingen, Breslau, Heidelberg, and Leipsic (M.D. Breslau, 1886). From 1887 to 1892 he was assistant physician at the dermatological hospital and dispensary of the University of Breslau, and from 1892 to 1896 physician-in-chief of the dermatological department of the Allerheiligen Hospital. In 1896 he was appointed assistant professor, and director of the dermatological clinic, at the University of Bern; in 1904, professor. He has contributed various essays on syphilis and dermatology to the medical journals, and is the author of "Venerische Krankheiten," in Ebstein-Schwalbe's "Handbuch der Praktischen Medizin."
- Pagel, Biog. Lex. Vienna, 1901.