By: Joseph Jacobs
Name given to the southeast corner of the colonnade in the Royal Exchange, London, owing to the fact that the Jewish brokers were accustomed to assemble there for business when on 'Change. It was customary at the end of the eighteenth century for each section of the Exchange to have its special position; and to the present day the dealers in foreign bills meet in the old Jews' Walk.
Another Jews' Walk existed opposite the court of Hustings at Guildhall. The name was attached to the wall there, but was removed in 1838 at the request of Sir Moses Montefiore.
- Jewish Chronicle, Jan. 18, 1901.