CARREGAL, ḤAYYIM MOSES BEN ABRAHAM:(Redirected from KARIGEL.)
Rabbi and editor; flourished in Palestine at the beginning of the eighteenth century, but lived in Holland for a time, engaged in gathering funds for Jerusalem. His autobiography is to be found in the introduction to his edition of Moses ben Joseph Ventura's
- Fürst, Bibl. Jud. ii. 171;
- Zedner, Cat. Hebr. Books Brit. Mus. pp. 167, 338;
- Roest, Cat. Rosenthal. Bibl. pp. 255, 577;
- G. A. Kohut, in Publications of Am. Jew. Hist. Soc. No. 3, p. 123;
- idem, in Ezra Stiles and the Jews, p. 91, New York, 1902.