A well near the Arabah, first seen by Rowlands in 1842. He identified it with the Kadesh Barnea of the Bible. It was not seen again by Europeans till 1881, when it was visited by Trumbull, who has shown conclusively that Ain Kades and Kadesh Barnea are the same. See Kadesh.
- Trumbull, Kadesh Barnea, pp. 272-275, 309-321, New York, 1884.