ALFASI, ISAAC BEN JOSEPH:
By: Isaac Broydé
Descendant of a Spanish family; flourished in Adrianople in the sixteenth century. He translated Ghazzali's work, "Mishkat al-Anwar," into Hebrew, under the title, "Maskit ha-Orot u Pardes ha-Niẓẓanim" (The Chamber of Light and the Garden of Flowers). This work is still extant in manuscript in the Bodleian Library.
- Dukes, Oẓar Neḥmad, ii. 195;
- Fuenn, Keneset Yisrael, p. 593;
- Steinschneider, Hebr. Uebers. p. 345;
- idem, Hebr. Bibl. xxi. 75;
- Kaufmann, Die Spuren Al-Baṭlajusi's in der Jüdischen Religionsphilosophie, 1880, p. 22.