ROTHENBURG, MOSES BEN MORDECAI SÜSSKIND:
German rabbi; born about 1665; died at Altona Jan. 12, 1712. He was successively rabbi of Tykoczin, Brest-Litovsk, and Altona. In the last-mentioned town he at first shared the rabbinate with Ẓebi Hirsch Ashkenazi (Ḥakam Ẓebi); but from 1710, when the latter left Altona, Rothenburg was sole rabbi. Some of his novellæ were published by his widow in his father's responsa (Amsterdam, 1747).
- Dembitzer, Kelilat Yofi. i. 92b;
- Emden, Megillat Sefer, p. 22;
- Feinstein, 'Ir Tehillah, p. 28;
- Hurwitz, Rehobot 'Ir, p. 24;
- Wittkower, Aguddat Peraḥim, p. 284.