SOLOMON BEN ABRAHAM IBN DAUD:
Physician and translator. According to Kaufmann and Gross, Solomon belonged to the family of the Spanish translator Abraham ben David ha-Levi of Toledo. Solomon translated, under the title of "Miklol," Averroes' medical work "Kulliyyat" (Neubauer, "Cat. Bodl. Hebr. MSS." No. 2212; Paris, Bibliothèque Nationale, No. 1172). Steinschneider supposes that Solomon is identical with the Solomon Daud who is believed to have translated into Hebrew, from the Arabic, the psychological and metaphysical treatise found in manuscript in the Turin Library (Peyron Cat., No. 212, p. 226).
- Carmoly, Histoire des Médecins, p. 103;
- Gross, in Monatsschrift, 1879, p. 125;
- Kaufmann, in Göttinger Gelehrte Anzeigen, 1883, p. 547;
- Steinschneider, Cat. Bodl. col. 2267;
- idem, Hebr. Uebers. p. 672.