BELMONTE, BENVENIDA COHEN:
Poetess; lived in London at the beginning of the eighteenth century. She was a sister of the Mæcenas Mordecai Nuñez Almeyda, and was among those who sang the praise of Lopez Laguna's "Espejo Fiel de Vidas" (London, 1720). She also wrote a poem in honor of Samuel Nassy of Surinam.
- Kayserling, Sephardim, p. 251;
- idem, Biblioteca Españ.-Portug.-Judaica, p. 55;
- idem, in Jewish Quarterly Review, xii. 715;
- idem, Jüdische Frauen, p. 174;
- Koenen, Geschiedenis der Joden in Nederland, p. 297.