Russian jurist and writer; born at Kovno April 17, 1869; graduated from the Moscow University as a "candidatus juris." He is a member of the St. Petersburg Pedagogical Society, secretary of the Jewish Colonization Association (St. Petersburg branch), initiator and member of the school committee of the Society for the Promotion of Culture Among the Jews of Russia, of the St. Petersburg Jewish industrial schools, member of the Educational Census, 1895-1900, and of the Imperial Free Economic Society. He was also the delegate of the Society for the Promotion of Culture Among the Jews to the Pan-Russian Exhibition of 1896, and one of the directors of the reorganized Jewish industrial schools of St. Petersburg.
He wrote: "O Razvitii Russkoi Industrii," Moscow, 1896; "V Yuzhnykh Yevreiskikh Koloniakh,"St. Petersburg, 1894; "K Istorii Pervonachalnavo Obrazovaniya Russkikh Yevreyev," St. Petersburg, 1896; as well as many articles in "Voskhod" (1891-1900) on education and Jewish colonization. He was one of the editors of the "Sistematicheski Ukazatel Russkoi Literatury o Yevreyakh, 1708-1889," St. Petersburg, 1892.