German rabbi; born in Rawitsch, Nov. 3, 1814. He attended for several years the yeshibah in Lissa, and continued his studies in the Berlin University. In 1839 he was elected a member of the rabbinical board of his native city, where he was a pioneer of German preaching. Since 1853 he has been rabbi at Schneidemühl. Brann has contributed largely to scientific German periodicals, such as "Orient," "Monatsschrift," and "Jüdisches Literaturblatt." His notes on the Talmud Yerushalmi are to be found in the Krotoschin edition of 1866.