By: Herman Rosenthal
Town in the district and government of Grodno, Russia, about forty miles south of the capital. From a record of a lawsuit between Paul Moskovich, parson of Brestovitza (Berestovec), and the Jew Moisei Isaacovich Khoroshenki of Grodno, brought before the court on Feb. 24, 1541, it is evident that Jews lived there before that date. The Jewish population in 1890 was 665.
- Akty Wilenskoi Archeograficheskoi Kommissii, xvii. 284;
- Entziklopedicheski Slovar, vol. iv., St. Petersburg, 1895.