Monthly periodical founded by Giuseppe Levi, and published by him, in conjunction with Esdra Pontremoli, at Vercelli (1853-74). It advocated moderate Jewish reform, to be brought about by the cooperation of all communities. Luzzatto, Della Torre, Cantoni, Mortara, and Benamozegh were among its contributors. After Levi's death in 1874 the periodical was continued in Casale by Flaminio Servi under the title Il Vessillo Israelitico.
- Educatore, iii. 322.