Talmudic scholar of Gerba (an island near Tunis), where he died in 1755. He was a pupil of Ẓemaḥ ha-Kohen, and was the author of two works, "Toledot Yiẓḥaḳ," novellæ on Haggadah and Midrashim (Leghorn, 1761), and "Ḳarne Re'em," novellæ on Rashi's and Mizraḥi's commentaries to the Pentateuch, followed by "Zera' Yiẓḥaḳ," notes on Midrashim (ib. 1765).
- Fuenn, Keneset Yisrael, p. 611;
- Fürst, Bibl. Jud. i. 352;
- Nepi-Ghirondi, Toledot Gedole Yisrael, p. 163;
- Zedner, Cat. Hebr. Books Brit. Mus. p. 172;
- Benjacob, Oẓar ha-Sefarim, p. 538, No. 634.