HEILBRONN (HEILPRIN), ABRAHAM BEN MOSES ASHKENAZI:(Redirected from HEILPRIN, ABRAHAM BEN MOSES.)
Chief rabbi of Lemberg; born in 1578; died Jan. 2, 1649. His father was related to R. Solomon Edels. Abraham Heilbronn wrote: "Birkat Abraham," a homily which he delivered on the day of his "bar miẓwah" (Prague); "Ahabat Ẓiyyon," a commentary on the Pentateuch and the five Megillot (Lublin, 1639). In the preface to the latter work he asserts that he also wrote a commentary on the Prophets and the Hagiographa, and he refers to a work of his entitled "Sha'are Ẓiyyon."
- Wolf, Bibl. Hebr. i., No. 118; iii., No. 118;
- Steinschneider, Cat. Bodl. col. 691;
- Buber, Anshe Shem, pp. 6-7;
- Fuenn, Keneset Yisrael, p. 20;
- Michael, Or ha-Ḥayyim, p. 96.