HURWITZ, ḤAYYIM BEN JOSHUA MOSES ABRAHAM HA-LEVI:
Russian rabbi in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. He was the author of: "Sefer Mayim Ḥayyim," explanations of the Pentateuch and the five Megillot (Dyhernfurth, 1690); "Sefer Mayim Ḥayyim Sheni," supplement to the above-mentioned work (ib. 1703); "Sefer Naḥalat Ḥayyim," novellæ on several Talmudical treatises, with an index (Wilmersdorf, 1713; 2d ed., without index, 1722); "Sefer Naḥalat Ḥayyim Sheni," commentaries on the Pentateuch (Wilmersdorf, 1714).
- Wolf, Bibl. Hebr. i., iii., No. 612;
- Nepi-Ghirondi, Toledot Gedole Yisrael, p. 102;
- Fürst, Bibl. Jud. i. 409;
- Steinschneider, Cat. Bodl. col. 827;
- Benjacob, Oẓar ha-Sefarim, pp. 324, 396;
- Fuenn, Keneset Yisrael, i. 347.