Formerly, a weekly, now a semiweekly journal published at Mayence, Germany. It was founded in 1860 by M. Lehmann and edited by him up to his decease. Since that time Oskar Lehmann has been the editor. Valuable literary supplements accompany each number. In the feuilleton some excellent stories have appeared. The magazine represents Orthodox Judaism, to conserve the interests of which it was founded.