PORGES, MOSES BEN ISRAEL NAPHTALI HIRSCH:
Rabbinical author; lived at Jerusalem at the beginning of the seventeenth century. He was the author of "Darke Ẓiyyon" (Amsterdam, 1650), written, in Judæo-German, after he had removed to Prague. The work is in four parts and is illustrated. Part 1 deals with the return to Palestine; part 2 with prayer; part 3 with teaching; and part 4 with the commemoration of the dead.
- Steinschneider, Cat. Bodl. col. 1827;
- Fürst, Bibl. Jud. ii. 398:
- Wolf, Bibl. Hebr. iii. 764;
- Benjacob, Oẓar ha-Sefarim, p. 121, No. 518;
- Luncz, Jerusalem, iii., No. 44.