TIKTINER, REBECCA BAT MEÏR:
Austrian authoress of the sixteenth century; flourished at Prague, where she died, apparently in 1550. She wrote two works: (1) "Meneḳet Ribḳah" (Prague, 1609; Cracow, 1618), divided into seven "gates," treating of a housewife's duties, and containing various Talmudic and Midrashic anecdotes; (2) "Simḥat Torah Lied" (Prague, n.d.), a poem for the Simḥat Torah festival.
- Hock-Kaufmann, Die Familien Prags, p. 153a;
- Zunz, Z. G. p. 285;
- Benjacob, Oẓar ha-Sefarim, p. 325;
- Steinschneider, Cat. Bodl. cols. 562, 573, 2134-2135;
- Nepi-Ghirondi, Toledot Gedole Yisrael, p. 310;
- De Rossi, Dizionario, p. 313.